Water Filtering for Toxic Metals – Over the past fifteen years Huon Aquaculture has been proud to work in partnership with Quantum Filtration Medium. In this time Quantum has, and continues to provide us with state-of-the-art filtering systems, chlorine dosing systems and backflush systems that support the viability and efficiency of our freshwater facilities. DMI-65 is a revolutionary filtration media used for the removal of heavy metals such as Iron and Magnesium for industrial and municipal water treatment. These high levels of metal are toxic to fish prior to being filtered, therefore these systems are crucial to the healthy growth and safe farming of our salmon.
Since the start of our partnership in 2007, Quantum has been a flexible company to work with, has been opened to change and has formulated many ideas that have been beneficial to the growth of Huon as a company. The high standard of water that DMI-65 produces allows for us to ensure the integrity of our product while maintaining the highest quality output of healthy Huon Salmon.
Advantages of DMI-65
- DMI 65 media used to filter bore water that is used in Reticulated Aquaculture System.
- Filter system consists of 3 bores, aerator, header tank, 3 x sand filters filled with DMI 65, chlorine dosing system and backflush system.
- Filtered water stored in tanks ready for use and backwash is irrigated with system waste water.
- Iron and Manganese levels in the bores are toxic to fish prior to being filtered.
- Used since 2007
- Filter approx. 70 mega litres per year, continuously.
- Replaced media once (two years ago)